Friday, April 4, 2014

ROAR AT LIFE

At the beginning of the year, I decided to write myself a manifesto to turn to if I ever felt like I was forgetting who I was or what I wanted, as I’d felt that happening quite a lot late last year, and didn’t like it. With all the drama been at the centre of my life the last few months, it sort of fell by the wayside. But then I found an old one I’d written on my laptop, and I updated it for who I am now. So, without further ado… 


ROAR AT LIFE – A Modern Rebel’s Manifesto

* Intelligence is sexy (Just ask Sherlock) * Question authority * Say yes to adventure * Live with intention * Freedom, beauty, truth, and love * Don’t walk – DANCE * Find your tribe * Have a zombie apocalypse plan * Trust your intuition * Travel * Talk to strangers * Long conversations are vital * Dream big * Make changes, not excuses * Be your own hero * When in doubt, spin in circles. You’ll be too giddy to focus on any problems * Dress like your inner rock star * Don’t be afraid to feel * Work hard * You are worthy * Have a plant / pet / teddy bear to talk to * We are the dreamers * Be present * So many things are so much more important than money * A great pair of shoes can change your life * Light the way * Magic. Everywhere. Always. * Do it because it’s fun * Let your freak flag fly * All you, all the time * You can’t overdose on music * Stay awesome * Why be normal when you can be yourself? * Learn to love your pimples / cellulite / stretch marks / saggy butt * Stay weird * Create * Tequila is more powerful than lemonade * You are only one person * Keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel * Catch the curve balls, cover them in glitter, and throw them back * Watch more sunrises * Always make your bed, and wear clean underwear * Believe in something * Listen to old people – they know what’s up * Vote * Rules are for other people * Never dumb yourself down * Let love in * It’s just hair. It’ll grow back * 

No comments:

Post a Comment