Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wednesday Wonders 21.11.12


Happy hump day, Boolings! We’re in the midst of a heat wave in Jozi, which has left me both re-energized and immovable in equal parts. The sunshine does seem to have flipped a switch in my motivation centre, though, so I've been a busy little Boo. A few things which have kept me occupied and happy the last few days are:

* Today’s perfectly symmetrical date. 21.11.12. I celebrate imperfections, but sometimes find myself drawn to symmetry, and, strangely, calmed by it. I hope that means that today is going to be calm, unlike the last few!

* Choke. We finally got around to watching it while we were incapacitated by Sunday’s heat. I don’t know what took so long, but I loved it! Sam Rockwell is seriously underrated. Also: Paige is the vicious underage tart in Trainspotting!

* Our garden produced a freak flower on Saturday morning! And it was BEAUTIFUL!



* The freak flower got me inspired to play in the garden. I tend to hibernate too much, especially when I’m engrossed in something like A Song of Ice and Fire, but it was awesome to be out in the sun again! The upside of a heatwave, I guess.

* I trimmed my fringe on Monday morning. A little wonky and short, but I still like it! I feel so much more put together when my fringe isn’t stabbing at my eyes or getting in my mouth.

* The new Rolling Stones video. OH. EM. GEE



* Due to a small personal fuel crisis, I’ve been getting a lift to work in the mornings. My body clock has me waking up earlier than usual, though, but that’s not a bad thing. I have so much extra time on my hands in the morning, that allows me to do shit I don’t normally get to do. Like trim my fringe. Or read chapter upon chapter of A Feast of Crows, and have Mister Boo threaten to burn all the books. He forgets that I know the first rule of sword fighting because of those books. 

Source

* The Circle of Seven. I’ve got great plans to put my Dream Team together this weekend. I’ll keep you updated!

*  One of the comments on this post: ‘Change is a reminder of death, which is a reminder of life – and life is in your head, and how you choose to contextualize yourself.’

* Gala Darling’s Nostalgic Mix Tape. I’ve been listening to it all morning, and it’s taken my day from Ho-hum to Awe-sum! God, the goosebumps!!

* Arting it up when I can’t bear the thought of moving. I seem to be drawn to drawing and scratching at canvas with fine liners, and I’m determined to follow my inspiration, no matter how weird, so I went to bed looking more like a Rorschach test than usual.

* Beating my body. I’ve had a horribly sore throat for about two weeks now, since I was on the last bout of antibiotics. I’m so tired of medication and feeling shitty while it supposedly makes me better, and I’m bored with doctors’ bullshit guesses, so I decided I just needed to ride this out. I’ve been doing saltwater gargling, lemon-honey-ginger-and-cayenne pepper teas, Vicks facial steams, herbal throat remedies, and yelling at my body to just.get.better.already. And hey presto! I feel better!!

The Little Things:
* My hot pink skull necklace * The best cosplay of all time * Spur-of-the-moment candlelit outside dinners. * Delicious Monday night curries and creepy movies with Magical Trevor. *

I hope the coming week is as fabulous as the last, for all of you Boolings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment