Friday, May 20, 2011

AUSTRALIA APPRECIATION: Part 4

In honour of my impending trip to the wonderful land of Oz, I’ve decided to celebrate.
I have to just mention here that there is an ongoing mud-slinging match between South Africa and Australia. It mostly revolves around sport, and some other random silliness, but it gets quite ridiculous and out of hand sometimes. And I’m rather ashamed to say that, in the heat of a tense rugby match, I may have lowered myself to yelling nastiness at Australian teams and referees on occasion. Despite this, and watching too much Border Security, I am looking on the bright side. Which is turning out to be pretty damn bright! Aside from the obvious – my best friend’s wedding and all the awesomeness that surrounds it – I’ve discovered some pretty cool things about Oz.

Now, if you’re expecting a post filled with cutesy baby koalas and kangaroos, I’m going to tell you now that you’re going to be disappointed. While I am looking forward to seeing that kind of thing, the kind of thing that Australia Appreciation Month consists of is equally as squee-worthy, but in a completely different way. As in: you will be squeeing, but if you’re doing it at your desk, you might get fired. *ahem*

So, without further ado, I give you Part 4:

SIMON BAKER

My Simon Baker obsession (and I don't use that word lightly) is more than just the hormonal value, unlike Chris Hemsworth. That's all about the screaming oestrogen. This? This is a little different. This is the oh-so-sexy-guy-next-door-whose-door-you-knock-on-for-sugar-with-alarming-frequency thing. In conjunction with screaming oestrogen. (Diabetes pending.) There's just something... more. It could be the fact that he wears glasses. Simba, who knows me far too well*, has always teased me about the fact that if a guy is wearing glasses, I'm immediately paying attention. (It's sad but true. For years my shameful secret crush was one Boy Wonder. *cue flames of mortification*) 

But, back to sexy-sexy-Simon-Baker!  
The man in stylish to the nth degree! Both on TV and off, he just has built-in style and sexiness. How is it that some men can just do it, and others are so oblivious to the need for style? *sighs*
Now for the bad news, girls and boys.
Aaaaaaw!
Yea… I can’t even bring myself to be jealous. ** 

If you’re a fan of The Mentalist, you will probably be used to hearing him with an American accent. It’s quite strange to hear an Aussie accent coming out of him, but if you can stand the mind-fuck (I’ll give you a moment as your imagination runs wild…) check out this video. I’m loving the Aussie sarcasm and wry humour more and more.

And who could forget his delectable douche-bag in The Devil Wears Prada?!


Ok, enough talking...








And that, my friends, concludes Australia Appreciation Month! This time next week, I'll probably be running around madly trying to find matching pairs of socks or doing running leaps onto my suitcase in the hopes that it will deflate and I'll be able to close it. After what I've found out about Aus in the last few weeks, I'm far less apprehensive about the possibilities of finding awesomeness around every corner... I'll keep you all updated!

Wombats (bleh!) and Platypi,

X

* He knows too much! I can never let him leave now! *plots maniacally*
** That's only half a lie. I may twitching in spasms of cute OD, but I'm a very lucky lady. Mister Boo does cute things that would blow. your. mind.
*** Unless otherwise stated, images via Google Images

2 comments: